[Loudstaves] Antw: New Teuthonista draft

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue May 10 20:56:23 IST 2011

If you mean about the question of Hungarian Runic or Old Hungarian, André Szabolcs Szelp and I have prepared the following document http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n4042.pdf which maps between Gábor Hosszú's http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n4007.pdf and our http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n3697.pdf

> i would prefer a meeting in vienna to discuss a solution but need input of you how this solution could look like.

The first of those three documents gives clear recommendations. Will you be representing ÖNorm at the meeting?

> maybe we could discuss this in a chat (e.g. skype)?
>
> 2) helsinki - meeting:  i would like to know what problems the application could cause. i got in contact with information of ken whistler (http://unicode.org/consortium/directors.html) who was well informed about our application (<-- thanks to you and our prelimary work) but did not think the application will be an easy task due to some special problems, especially talking about brackets.

I really don't know what you're talking about "brackets" but I know Ken well, and presented Teuthonista briefly yesterday to the UTC and did not get any trouble back. I did point out that we had removed characters that they had suggested removing previously.

> are these just technical discussions the scientists are not involved in or should we have a look at this discussion from scientific view as well? are there similar discussions going on?

Ken is a well-informed linguist.

> 3) application: i will send my notes this week.
> please let me know whether it is ok to write some further details on how the importance of the special characters in digital surroundings and ehumanities is, especially concerning our works and these characters needed.

We don't need a lot of that, but a paragraph or so would be OK.