[Kadam] Отв: Dö bevüresodapad Volapüka

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Feb 8 14:11:12 GMT 2016

On 8 Feb 2016, at 10:54, Ralph Midgley <midgleyr at talktalk.net> wrote:

> 1.    Vödem Volapükik kapitas degtel ela Lälid in 'Vög Volapüka' binon verätik   (kobü poedot lunik primik);
>
> 2)   Michael kanom konfidiko dabükön vödemi at;

Well, no, he can’t. Typesetting a book is about fixing all sorts of little things. Too many spaces between sentences. Commas in the wrong place. I got your source files long ago. They had been published in Vög Volapüka. But I had to typeset and edit them.

I’m disappointed that no one in the Academy has the time to proof-read this book. It’s a 27,000-word novel (which is not that long), one of the most important books in English, and has been translated into 174 languages.

So I will publish what I have, proofed as best I can. I can’t do better because my Volapük isn’t strong enough. And Ralph, what I say I mean. Somebody will read the book and find what faults remain. And maybe they will send it here for correction.

The Sambahsa, Lingua Franca Nova, Esperanto, and Lidepla translations were well-proofed.