[EversonMono] Using Everson Mono in Windows cmd, bash, and PowerShell

David Lemon lemon at adobe.com
Wed Nov 23 23:15:13 GMT 2016

While the work-around John describes should do the trick in this case, I’d still very much like to see code editors stop requiring the monospace bit. It seems to me anyone who’s setting code should be a competent judge of whether his/her font is meeting requirements.

I encourage complaints to the developers.

There’s a worse conundrum if you’re Japanese. Apparently most Japanese coding fonts use em-width advance for kanji, and 2/3 (or similar) em-width for kana, numbers, and Latin. Sounds a bit odd to me, but it seems to work fine for them. But to do this, these fonts are forced to lie and set the monospace bit.

Thanks,
--
David Lemon
Sr Manager, Type Development