[EversonMono] Using Everson Mono in Mintty

Stephan Stiller stephan.stiller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 03:08:11 IST 2016

> I don’t want to maintain two versions of Everson Mono.

I don't know in which regards (other than aesthetic ones) this particular
terminal relies on such fonts being monowidth, but if there's a demand for
sysadmin types or Unicode fans for *strict* monowidth fonts, an easy way
would be to create a "one rectancle for each scalar value"-version of your
font. All non-monowidth symbols, combining accents, etc, could be forced
onto their (necessarily separate) rectancle, and certain control points can
be represented in a descriptive/"fallback" way (eg "ZWNJ" crowded
diagonally onto the rectangular space). For certain editing purposes, I'd
want to use that font, just like it can be useful to enable that "one
visual glyph per scalar value (character?)" option in BabelPad.

Stephan