[EversonMono] Using Everson Mono in Mintty

Patrick John Schone patrickjohn.schone at ldschurch.org
Fri Mar 25 20:09:17 GMT 2016

The cygwin operating system , which rides on top of Windows, is a linux-like OS that has a regular terminal and an X11-based terminal.
The X11-based terminal is called Mintty.  Mintty allows the user to select fonts and font sizes, but it will only use monospaced fonts.
I am doing a lot of work with the Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols and I almost exclusively use mintty and Cygwin.
The only available monospaced font in the world that I have found that covers the Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols is Everson Mono.
But I was disappointed that mintty didn't recognize Everson Mono as a monospaced font.
It must be the bit that you had mentioned.
Is there an Everson Mono variant available that does have the bit set [which would mess up on Linear B, but would probably work on most other things]?