[EversonMono] Everson Mono is now available as a webfont

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Tue Jan 10 19:18:30 GMT 2012

On Monday, January 9, 2012, 3:12:21 PM, Michael wrote:

ME> As a birthday present to myself, I've been playing with Everson Mono today.

Happy Birthday!

ME> I'm really rather pleased with this... Today I exported Everson
ME> Mono in .woff format and I have implemented it as a webfont on the
ME> Everson Mono pages.

Yay! (I'm on the WOFF working group at W3C)

ME> So far, this works on the Safari and iCab
ME> browsers on the Mac, but not in FireFox or Opera. I don't know,
ME> but at a guess I think that I might have to make the font
ME> available in .eof format for those.

No, Firefox supports WOFF as of version 3.6 and Opera from version 11.

However, Firefox does (per spec) implement a same-origin restriction so if the server that serves the document and the one that serves the font differ,it will not use it.

What tool did you use to perform the conversion, out of interest?

--
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG