[EversonMono] Is something wrong with Everson Mono's oblique?

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Nov 8 10:06:49 GMT 2010

Someone wrote to me today to say that he liked the oblique and wanted to use it on a web page but found that "unfortunately the font does not work on safari/firefox (i am working on a mac)"

Sure enough, I can't see any italic display in Safari or Firefox on the Mac. I can see the faux bold on both.

And I can see it in Rich Text in Apple Mail. See http://www.evertype.com/emono/emono-oblique-not-missing.png

So what is wrong? I checked the FontLab headers. They look all right to me. It shouldn't be the Oblique vs Italic name... I ticked the box that says "Font is Italic" in File > Font Info > Names and Copyright. Also the box that says "Font is monospaced" is ticked in File > Font Info > Metrics and Dimensions > Key Dimensions

The version is 5.203, 2010-07-03.