[EversonMono] Everson Mono not monospaced

totototo at telus.net totototo at telus.net
Wed Jun 9 22:20:26 IST 2010

On 9 Jun 2010, at 21:50, Charles Reilly wrote:

> I installed Everson Mono onto a Windows XP SP3 machine and found that
> it wasn't monospaced!

IIRC, Michael Everson has stated (somewhere!) that Everson Mono is not actually
monospaced because of issue relating to floating diacritics, or something along
those lines. Most of the individual characters have the same advance width, but
the monospace bit is not set in the font itself.

Check through the archives of this mailing list; I'm pretty sure that's where I
ran across this detail. The archives aren't huge (low traffic list) so it won't
take a great deal of your time to read through them and bring yourself up to
date on all matters Everson Mono-esque.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada