[EversonMono] Font style using Everson mono font

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat Jul 3 20:36:24 IST 2010

On 3 Jul 2010, at 19:46, totototo at telus.net wrote:

> I'm a bit perplexed that you should be using Everson Mono for this purpose. The raison d'etre for Everson Mono is to provide scripts that are otherwise hard to find fonts for, not to provide a general purpose monospaced typeface.

I certainly don't agree! While Everson Mono does support things that others don't, it's certainly suitable for general purposes. I use it every day for my e-mail, for example.

> These were all auto-installed by Ubuntu 8.04, which implies that they are open source or have been released into the public domain. I can't say offhand which ones have bold and italic versions.

All very nice. I'm sure I haven't got rich on the few shareware fees I've received over the years. But I can't say I'd be happier putting the font into Open Source where people could change it as they wished.