[EversonMono] Font style using Everson mono font

totototo at telus.net totototo at telus.net
Sat Jul 3 19:46:55 IST 2010

On 1 Jul 2010, at 13:02, Alfredo wrote:

> I'm a SW developer and I'm writing SW code to display application.
>
> More in detail at the moment I need to use Everson Mono font printing
> strings in a linux O.S. via DirectFB library system.

I'm a bit perplexed that you should be using Everson Mono for this purpose. The
raison d'etre for Everson Mono is to provide scripts that are otherwise hard to
find fonts for, not to provide a general purpose monospaced typeface.

If what you need is simply a decent monospaced font, the following are
available for free use:

Bitstream Vera Sans Mono
DejaVu Sans Mono
Free Mono
Nimbus Mono L
TlwgMono

These were all auto-installed by Ubuntu 8.04, which implies that they are open
source or have been released into the public domain. I can't say offhand which
ones have bold and italic versions.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada