[EversonMono] Font style using Everson mono font

Alfredo alfredo.aletto at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 12:02:40 IST 2010

Hi all.

I'm a SW developer and I'm writing SW code to display application.

More in detail at the moment I need to use Everson Mono font printing
strings in a linux O.S. via DirectFB library system.

Display application requires using font styles (bold, underline, etc.)
and to get it normally DirectFB library use different font style files:
for example for Courier font there are specific different files, one for
normal font,
one for bold font, and so on.

For the moment, reading everson site and also reading related article in
wikipedia,
I think these files are not present for everson mono.

Now we are using *Everson mono release 5.2.0.1*.

So what could I do to solve problem and get styles also in DirectFB ?

Regardless Everson mono style files presence anyway loading font in the my
PC (Win7 system)
and using standard "word office" application I have seen it is possible (in
Word) write something in
Everson mono and then apply different styles (bold, underline, and so on).

So is there any "tips & tricks" to get different font style using single
Everson Mono
file?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Regards,