[EversonMono] Is something wrong with Everson Mono's oblique?

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Dec 14 19:40:42 GMT 2010

ME> But I don't know why this might be. What would cause one to be in
ME> one format and one to be in another?

I already wrote to the list with the reason for the TrueType vs OpenType
difference:  the regular face has a GSUB whereas the oblique does not.

AIUI, MS calls a font OpenType if it is a sfnt/cff or if it has certain
tables, such as GSUB, which come from the OpenType spec.  Others may do
so, too.

It is only a naming/icon difference.

Whether that causes the original issue I cannot guess, but adding a GSUB
to the oblique would be a way to test.

-JimC