[EversonMono] Is something wrong with Everson Mono's oblique?

Leif Halvard Silli lhs at russisk.no
Tue Dec 14 12:34:08 GMT 2010

Michael Everson, Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:38:04 +0000:
> On 22 Nov 2010, at 22:32, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>
>> Michael Everson, Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:06:49 +0000:
>>
>>> So what is wrong? I checked the FontLab headers. They look all
>>> right to me. It shouldn't be the Oblique vs Italic name... I ticked
>>> the box that says "Font is Italic" in File > Font Info > Names and
>>> Copyright.
>>> Also the box that says "Font is monospaced" is ticked in File >
>>> Font Info > Metrics and Dimensions > Key Dimensions
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> did you notice that I an Lukas nailed the problem? The issue seems
>> to be that the Regular face is an 'OpenType TrueType' font, whereas
>> the Oblique face is a 'TrueType' font only. My guess is that if both
>> faces are made the same kind of font, then it will work.
>
> But I don't know why this might be. What would cause one to be in one
> format and one to be in another?

I could only speculate ... But it sounds as if Dutch Type Library's DTL
OTMaster (FontLab sent me an offer the other day) could help _fixing_
the problem:

http://www.fontlab.com/dtl-urw-font-utilities/dtl-otmaster/

One of the seemingly relevant features it has is called ‹Fix families,
linespacing, encoding›:

«OTM’s Consistency Checker can automatically detect and correct
family-linking, linespacing (vertical metrics) or encoding (Unicode
range and codepage coverage) problems.»

http://www.fontlab.com/dtl-urw-font-utilities/dtl-otmaster/dtl-otmaster-mdash-examine-and-fix-opentype-fonts.html#fix
--
Leif Halvard Silli