[EversonMono] Everson Mono U+027f

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue Oct 20 08:25:00 IST 2009

On 1 Oct 2009, at 07:25, Henrique Peron wrote:

> I've downloaded and installed Everson Mono TTF font. While I
> appreciate its easyness to read even on small sizes, I must tell you
> that georgian letters "U+2D1B GEORGIAN SMALL LETTER JIL" and "U+2D25
> GEORGIAN SMALL LETTER HOE" are identical in shape in your font.

Fixed.

On 13 Oct 2009, at 06:52, Henrique Peron wrote:

> Everson Mono's U+027F, according to Unicode.org's CodeCharts-
> nohan.PDF, should bear a long leg, like a "j", only straight.

Fixed.

This is interesting. On my Mac I have a number of fonts that support
this character.
Fonts that do not have the long leg:

Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif, Arial, Arial Unicode MS,
Baskerville, Courier, Courier New, Deja Vu Sans Mono, Gentium,
Helvetica, Lucide Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, MS Gothic, MS Mincho,
MS PGothic, MS PMincho, Microsoft Sans Serif, Monaco, Tahoma, Times
New Roman

Fonts that *do* have the long leg:

Allatuq, Anawrahta, Doulos SIL, Evertimes

Everson Mono version 5.2.0 has been uploaded. It has 6,399 glyphs.
Unfortunately I am stuck with this until I get a new version of
FontLab without the 6,400 glyph limit.