[EversonMono] Perispomeni (was: Everson Mono error?

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue Oct 20 07:47:32 IST 2009

On 21 Sep 2009, at 02:35, John Hudson wrote:

> Thanks for that. When I have some time, I will prowl through my
> palaeography texts and see if I can find any earlier examples: not
> to question Yannis, but to see if the circumstance of the earliest
> tilde perispomeni indicates anything about its origin.
>
> As Yannis notes, this form is entrenched in Greek printing, so the
> choice of form largely depends on who your target users are.

The target users are people who want to use a monowidth font with lots
of Unicode coverage in their e-mail...

Ẽṽẽrsõñ Mõñõ's tilde is rather large; one reason the bowl is
convenient is that it surrounds a breathing rather nicely. Everson
Mono also puts breathings and accents above capital letters in Greek.

I could change from inverted breves to tildes. Or I could keep the
inverted breves. What do people think about this?