[EversonMono] everson mono - bugs with Yiddish (Hebrew) with dagesh

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Tue Mar 3 01:49:49 GMT 2009

I'm sure it's not just random placement. I noticed the dots were placed perfectly,
which I thought was suspicious.  Then I looked at the rendered glyphs in Acrobat
Reader, zooming them way up, and compared them to the glyphs of the characters
I'm alleging they're from in the font using FontLab (font editor), and they matched.
Also, you can tell because the placement has to be different to get this effect
depending on the following character.  For example,

  KAF DAGESH YOD

places the dot in a totally different place vs.

  PE DAGESH TET

In fact, the placement varies along both the x and y axes in these two cases.

Seems like a rendering bug almost for sure.  But is the renderer that exposes
this problem common to Firefox and Nisus Writer Express?

I'll get on my mac later and get some more info, and send more/better screen shots.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to report this all works fine on Firefox running on Linux,
with the following version info from Firefox:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020911 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.6

Thanks,

Mark