[EversonMono] Swap half circles

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sun Dec 7 16:58:28 GMT 2008

On 7 Dec 2008, at 12:58, Yannis Haralambous wrote:

> That is another point I wanted to raise: should the glyph width
> reflect the number of Unicode characters in the ligature? This would
> ensure proper alignement of text in cases where the number of
> characters is important:

Well, in terms of Everson Mono, if you had an em of 1725 to contain
"ffl", linking them would be intensely ugly; it wouldn't be a ligature
then.

I've been building in more "dlig" support for the Latin and Armenian
presentation forms, which are all kept at an em of 575. For the
aligning purpose you mention, you'd want the Discretionary Ligation to
be "off".

I've just added in "ccmp" support for Dagesh and other marks to the
Hebrew presentation forms.

I've been doing some work on Ethiopic, but there are too many
characters there to add into the font until FontLab 6 comes out. The
font now has 6,395 glyphs (6,388 characters) in it so it is full until
the new tool is available to me.

I've posted up version 5.1.5.