[EversonMono] Swap half circles

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sun Dec 7 12:20:39 GMT 2008

On 7 Dec 2008, at 11:28, Yannis Haralambous wrote:

> If you consider the semantics of "Mono" as being equivalent to
> "typewriter" then it wouldn't be stylistically correct to use
> ligatures.

Fraktur typewriters had "ch" and other ligatures, didn't they?

> If, on the other hand, you consider this font as being a passe-
> partout font to be used on all possible occasions, then why not...

Well, I use it for e-mail. Pretty good Unicode support ;-)

> But then you also the need the ones for long s, as well as all
> combinations of f and long s.

I guess I was thinking of the question of adding support for the
ligatures that are at U+FB00..FB06 and the Armenian ones in the same
block. I guess if I do I should make them discretionary rather than
standard ligatures.