[EversonMono] Greek lowercase alpha with lenis and acute

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Aug 22 14:03:28 IST 2008

On 10 Aug 2008, at 15:30, Mingshey wrote:

> I tried Everson Mono for polytonic Greek. Lowercase alpha with asper
> lenis and acute (ἄ) in this font has poor spacing between lenis and
> acute. All the other lowercase vowels with any breathing and accent
> combination looks okay.

I've fixed this for the next release.

> Uppercase vowels all have the breathing all right, but accents are
> put on the top, rather than on the left. It looks odd.

Well, it's a monowidth font. So I have a choice: either squeeze the
vowels to half-width so that the diacritical marks precede them, or
put the accents above and the breathings before. I chose the latter. I
understand it looks odd.

On 10 Aug 2008, at 15:45, Mingshey wrote:
> In addition to my previous report, vowels with iota subscript and
> acute accents (ᾴ,ῄ,ῴ) have steeper angle for acutes than the
> same vowels without iota subscript(ά,ή,ώ).

I have fixed these for the next release.