[EversonMono] Everson Mono updated

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Aug 6 23:15:54 IST 2008

On 6 Aug 2008, at 19:56, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> FontLab no good.

I don't find it "no good". I find that I cannot draw glyphs in
FontLab, but I use Fonttographer as I have for decades.

> Use FontForge. Not your usual Apple application, but very powerful
> and with less bugs.

You are a Linux user, and it is easy for you to say "Use an X11 app"
but that doen't make it "easy" to deal with for a Mac OS user. I have
used Linux. I am not a Linux user.

> It does not have intentional stupid restrictions like the 6400
> glyphs either. You can have as large a font
> as the standards would allow you.

The restriction is, indeed, stupid, but I understand that this may
change in a future release.

> It's free (both as in gratis and as in the source code's yours to
> play with).

You know perfectly well, Roozbeh, that I am not a programmer and I can
do nothing with source code. I don't really have any problem paying
for software either.

> The developer is also a very nice person who fixes bugs and comes up
> with new releases very quickly.

That's nice. Where's the OS X version?

> You may need to draw your glyphs somewhere else and just paste them
> in FontForge for the packaging of the font and all those OpenType
> etc details.

I certainly intend to continue to use Fontographer to draw my glyphs.